Monday, December 5, 2016

9 months.

Its amazing at the amount of things that can happen in just 9 months. 

| A new life is created & birthed into this world|
| A loved one is diagnosed with cancer and comes to the end of his life|
| The happiest of times, the saddest of times|


The last time I wrote was 9 months ago. I've thought so many times about writing, but didn't. A lot has happened in those 9 months and I'm ready to share my journey and continue to share this ministry with you. 

I've been happy, I've been sad.
I've been content, I've been angry. 
I've learned to love and to love deep
I've learned to feel


The day after my last post we had a year 7 year old boy come live with us. He was with us for almost 3 months. It was good and it was hard. It was an experience that I'm thankful for. I admit, it wasn't hard to see him go. It was however, a joy to see him happy to start a new chapter with his family. We knew that we made a difference in his life as he sat quiet with sadness on his face the last few hours he was with us. When asked what he was thinking, he replied, "I'm happy to go, but I dont want to hurt yall's feelings." Its ok, little guy, we will be fine. And with that he walked out our door excitedly greeting his older sister, without saying goodbye. 

A couple week prior to this event was the start of a new journey. A journey that we were excited about, yet was so foreign to us. 


She was precious. 
A tiny 5lbs.
 And she came with a smile on her face at only 4 days old.

She is almost 7 months old now. Just under 15 pounds. From barley eating 1oz of formula to now eating 6oz of formula plus 1-2 jars of baby food. Preemie diapers to size 3. All that growth, yet her petite body can still rock size 0-3 month clothes.

This little girl isn't the only thing that has grown over the last 7 months. She has helped me to grow so much as well. She has shown me that I can love. That I can get attached & its okay. 

Our days are drawing an end. As my heart is shattering into a thousand pieces and prepares to shatter into thousands more, I'm learning to embrace & enjoy these sweet moments. I've never loved as deep as I have over the last 6.5 months. My prayer is that you will be captivated by the love of Jesus and that I will be able to see you again in heaven one day. I'm so thankful to be apart of your story. I love you, sugar/shoogs/shoogies.💕

Instagram @h4il3a


No comments:

Post a Comment