Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Unexpected

I don't know what God is doing.

Does that bother you? It definitely bothers me. My life is a roller coaster. My emotions are a roller coaster. My roller coaster has several high peaks, several low valleys, some sudden twists and turns, and absolutely a few upside down turns. 

The unexpected happened today. As I look back on the events of the day, I can see that only Christ ordained each of my steps. 

I car pooled to the last day of the conference with my new co-worker. She is very insightful, and has so many strengths. Her story is amazing! If you know me, you know that I am a very open person and I'll pretty much talk about anything. However, one thing I struggle with talking about is myself. I'm afraid to tell people about my story and my life for several reasons, one being that I'm afraid that they will use it against me. Another reason is that a lot of times I don't think that things that I've dealt with are important. Worse things have happened to other people and I don't want to waste their time talking about myself. But this co-worker of mine got me talking. She was interested in what made me who I am today...she got me to open up. 

Throughout our talking I came to understand that she is currently not attending a church, as she chose to turn away due to certain events in her life. Through sharing with her parts of my story, I was able to share Christ with her. Christ deserves all the credit for my life, for each accomplishment, for all the beauty that has come from the ashes. Christ saved me from a life that was just before my eyes, so easily accessible. Those moments of sharing Christ with her were intense because I hadn't ever really done that before. But those moments were also sweet, to hear myself talking about my Savior, to be sharing the love and grace of my Father and knowing that He was being glorified in my words. 

As I went over the day's schedule in my head, my anxiety level rose. I had to be in Norman by 8:30am until 12:30pm, get back to Shawnee to drive out to Stroud by 3pm, then back to Mcloud for a meeting at 5pm with a very busy DHS worker that could only attend our meeting for a very short period of time, and then pre-marital counseling at 6:30pm in Shawnee. I chose not to worry this morning, because I believed that my day was in Christ's hands. That doesn't mean I didn't worry, only that when I did I chose to remember that He is in control.

The Lord made my paths straight and He secured me in His protection. The conference was over an hour and a half early. Pre-marital counseling was cancelled. I made it to the Stroud meeting on time and because of some unfortunate events we ended up leaving early. I got to Mcloud a bit early, and although the DHS worker was around 40 minutes late we had a great meeting and he was able to stay much longer than expected. 

My day was divinely ordained.
Sweet Jesus, thank you.

No, I don't know what Jesus is doing. Yes, that bothers me. But each day I want to put my trust in Him, that He will guide me so that He may be made great. "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23: 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment